Stok Kangri TrekTrekking
Stok Kangri Trek @ 20080ft above sea level
Stok Kangri â€“ the pride of Ladakh & one of the least explored 6000mt summits in India. Be the one to join the elite club of trekkers to have conquered the 20000ft / 6000mt peak. Being at 20K Ft it is still considered as an easy peak as this peak does not require technical skills. This route has been uniquely designed to approach the summit from one side & descend from the other.
Stok Kangri Trek Info
Stok Kangri Trek
Route taken by us in this trek is very unique & the entire route is filled with green pastures, high oxygen availability with a entry from one side & exit from the others. With this approach you will not have to repeat the route along with MUCH BETTER VIEWS of the valley
Difficulty Level – Difficult (This trek requires physical fitness) This trek involves ascending walks in the range of 6 to 8 Hours daily. On the day of the summit it will be 12 to 14 hours of Trekking. you should be able to walk on ascending terrain with a 7-8 kgs bag in high altitude. There will be a 1500 to 2000ft ascend.
Altitude – Stok Kangri summit is at an altitude of 20,085 feet (6,120 mts).
How To Reach
- By Air – Leh (Directly)
- By Road – Srinagar (15 Hours Drive) / Manali – 3 Days
Temperature in June, July, Aug and Sept
- Day: 10° to 22°C. Night: 10°C.
- Stok Base: Day 10°C to 15°C. Night: 5° to -2°C.
Preparation – For details of Physical fitness CLICK HERE
Stok Kangri Trek Itinerary
- Stok kangri Trek day 1 – Arrive at Leh and rest @ 11400 ft
- Stok Kangri trek day 2 – Drive to Shang Village @ 12000 ft &Â Trek from Shang to Shang Phu
- Stok Kangri trek Day 3 – Trek from Shang Phu to Matho Doksa to Gangpoche (via Shangphu La) @ 14,250 ft to 14,500ft via 16,750ft
- Stok Kangri trek Day 4 – Trek from Gangopoche to Mankarmo @ 14,500 ft. to 14,550 ft. via 14,850 ft
- Stok Kangri trek Day 5 – Trek from Mankarmo to Stok Kangri Base camp @ 14,550 ft. to 16,300 ft
- Stok Kangri trek Day 6 – Rest day at Stok Kangri Base
- Stok Kangri trek Day 7– Summit Stok Kangri and back to base camp @ 16,300 ft. to 20,080 ft to 16,300 ft
- Stok Kangri trek Day 8 – Stok Kangri Base to Stok Village and drive back to Leh @ 16,300 ft to 11,800 ft
- Stok Kangri trek Day 9 – Buffer Day / Depart
* As a standard protocol trekkers are suggested to plan 1 buffer day for the trek considering the challenges offered by the weather conditions. There will be an additional charge of Rs.2100/- for the buffer day which will be collected only if the buffer day is utilized.
Stok Kangri Trek Map
Stok Kangri Trek Day wise Detailed Plan
|Day 1||Arrival||On Air||NA||Hotel||–||–||Hotel / GH|
|Day 2||6.30 Am||7.30 Am||8 Am||@Camp||05 Hrs||Medium||Tents|
|Day 3||6.30 Am||7.30 Am||8 Am||Packed||09 Hrs||Difficult||Tents|
|Day 4||6.30 Am||7.30 Am||8 Am||Packed||05 Hrs||Medium||Tents|
|Day 5||6.30 Am||7.30 Am||8 Am||Packed||03 Hrs||Medium||Tents|
|Day 6||Anytime||8.30 Am||–||@ Camp||–||Relaxed||Tents|
|Day 6 evening||8 Pm||10.30 Pm||–||Packed||all night||Hard|
|Day 7||–||12 Am||Packed||14 Hrs||Hard||Tents|
|Day 8||7.30 Am||8.30 Am||9 Am||Packed||04 Hrs||Easy||Hotel / GH|
Stok Kangri Trek Fee
Stok Kangri Trek Fee
Service Tax Extra
- Trekkers are advised to keep 1 Buffer day (Day 9) for any emergencies which may occur during the trek. Incase if the same is utilised there will be an additional charge of Rs.3500 per trekker which need to be paid at Leh.
- Hotel accommodation on day 1 with all Meals & day 9 on twin sharing basis
- All Veg Meals during the trek & Transportation in Non AC vehicles
- Trekking guides & camping equipments, permits
- Sleeping Bags & Crampon’s
Does not include
- Buffer Day
- Any personal expense(s), medical expense(s), Incidental expense(s), Special request(s), All other shopping / cost incurred, Insurance, Tips, Porters, Phone Calls, Laundry, Mineral Water. Horse, Pony, Monument / Museum / Park Entry Charges. Camera & Video Camera Fees.
- Air Fare /Train Fare
- Any Kind Of Expenses For Loss / Misplaced / Theft On Personal Belongings.
- Any Kind Of Extra Meals Ordered.
- Cost Incidental To Any Change In The Itinerary- Stay On Account Of Train Cancellation / Ill Health / Road Blocks And /Â Â Or Any Factors Beyond Control.
Bank Account Details
|Bank||Branch||IFSC Cocde||Account Type||Account Holder||Account No|
|ICICI Bank Ltd||Koramangala 4thÂ Block||ICIC0001667||Current Acnt||Burn Boundaries Adventure Pvt Ltd||166705500022|
50% advance while booking & 50% before 30 Days of travel
All bookings will carry
- 25% cancellation charges from day 1
- 50% cancellation charges if cancelled before 30 days
- No refund if cancelled less than20 days
Bank Account Details
ICICI Bank Ltd
Koramangala 4thÂ Block
Burn Boundaries AdventureÂ PvtÂ Ltd
Disclaimer – Nature offers its own challenges from time to time. As Stok Kangri in Ladhak is an extremely challenging terrain it is possible to have minor/major changes to the designed plan. It is also possible that traveller will have to incur additional costs owing to the challenges arising out of the ground level challenges.
For detailed Terms&Conditions Click Here
Stok kanarie Trek FAQs
Stok Kangri Summit requires the trekker to be in top physical condition before you start the trek. The temperature variations between the day & night vary anywhere between 15ºC. Hence it is very essential to have a fit body & mind. You must be able to jog 4.5 km in 30 minutes or walk continuously in 15º incline for atleast 1 hour.
LUNGS – Push your lungs, Most critical work in any high altitude trek is of the LUNGS. They are at over work as they get very less oxygen & physical exertion will push them harder for 1.5 month prior to the trek.
- Jogging in running tracks 1 hour a day
- Pranayama 15 min a day
MUSCLES -A well stretched & healthy muscles make the trek that much more easier. Focus on Legs, Back, Neck & Shoulder. 20min of focused stretching activities for 45 days will help. It determines the amount of movement your bones can make in any direction around joints such as shoulders, elbows, hips and knees. Stretching improves your posture and helps to prevent low back pain.
- Suryanamaskara – 10 to 15 Sets a day
- Neck & Shoulder exercise
- Lower back stretches
- Hamstring & Quadreceps
Things to Carry
Backpack (55 – 65 L) with sturdy straps and supporting frame. Quechua Forclaz 60 is a good choice.
Trekking shoes Ensure the shoes are well broken in before the trek. Since this trek includes walking on snow it is recommended to wear water proof shoes wiith thick woolen / military socks. Forclaz 600 and Woodland are good choices. More expensive shoes are not really the answer to cold. Wearing 2 layers of socks is the trick.
Note:You get military socks in Leh for Rs.100 to 125. They are the BEST products for this trek.
Sun glasses Sunglasses are mandatory for this trek, Curved ones will cover your eyes well. No blue coloured sunglass they dont block UV. Blacks, greens, browns are fine. Avoid multi tone sunglasses. Sunglasses prevent snow blindness. People who wear spectacles, choose one of these:
- If above is not possible, wear your spectacles and carry a big sunglass that can be worn over your spectacles.
Must Have Trek Accessories
- Trekking pole is mandatory
- Spoon, glass & Tiffin Box
- Thermos water bottle
- Headlamp with extra batteries
Must Have Clothing
- Thermals / Body Warmers 1 No
- Oversized Full TShirts with high neck & Track Pants (light weight) 2 / 3 No’s
- Sweater / Fleece 1 No’s
- Windcheaters 1 No’s
- Poncho + Rain Pant 1No’s
- Socks 8 to 10 Pairs (Buy in Leh)
- Head Cap + Balaclave 1 No’s each
- Hand Gloves Inner 1 no’s + Outer (waterproof) 1 No’s
- Gaters for Summitday
Must Have Other accessories
- Light towel (should be thin, quick drying kind)
- A Sanitary Paper
- Woolen head-scarf or muffler
- Cold cream andÂ sun screen lotionÂ (SPF 40+)
Must Have – Medical Kit
- Crocin 6 tablets
- Avomine 4 tablets
- Avil 25mg 4 tablets
- Combiflam 4 tablets
- Disprin 6 tablets
- Norflox 6 tablets
- Crepe bandage 3 to 5 meters
- Band aid 10 strips
- Digene 6 tablets
- Gauze cloth 1 small role
- Leukoplast 1 small roll
- Cotton 1 small roll
- ORS / Electoral 10 packets
- Betadine or any antiseptic cream
- Moov spray
- Nebasulf/ Soframycine powder
Other Mandatory Instruction
- Medical Certificate format will be provided post enrolment
- Declaration & Disclaimer Form will be provided post enrolment
- Plastic Bottles are STRICTLY prohibited
- Recommended bag weight is 7 to 8 Kgs
- 1 Govt ID Card is mandatory
- Burn Boundaries follows STRICT No Smoking / Alcohol policy
Burn boundaries will make you fall in love for the true/hidden beauty of the place instead of what is shown on media (horrible touristy places).Â TheyÂ can be trusted to deliver whatever they have contacted for (in fact much more) at the apt price. USP of burn boundaries is the personal touch that they provide by doing excellent ground work and of course, attention to details. I donâ€™t know how Leh Ladakh could have been better. Burn boundaries planned the most awesome offbeat route, best hotels, guide, super fast driver along with surprise of camping. I would recommend burn boundaries for the combination of interesting itineraries and high rating on customer satisfaction. I can’t wait to go with the burn Boundaries team next time and explore the unexplored India.
-- Tithi Patel, Traveller, Delhi
-- Srikanth, Sarpass Trek, Himachal
-- Sirishkar, Traveller from Hyderabad
-- Manoj Chaudhari Traveller from Nasik
-- Lakshmi Traveller from Bangalore
Burn Boundaries helped me have an experience in Ladakh which will forever be etched in memory and translate into hundreds of stories in the years to come. We were there at a time when BB Team and his men were under immense pressure due to the closing of the Chadar trek suddenly. However, his team changed plans and overnight made alternate arrangements for us to have a frozen river trek at wanla.
-- Anubhav Sinha, Trekker from Kolkatta
The organisers were an absolute gem, going out of their way to accommodate my needs. The support team, were fabulous, and made the journey so much more enjoyable. The guides were knowledgable and provided great insight to the area. All in all, i’d highly recommend taking a trip with Burn Boundaries, you wont regret it, i definitely didnt.
-- Christine, Traveller+Trekker from Australia
Chadar Trek â€“ January 2015
It was a pleasure travelling with Burn Boundaries. Food and Sleeping bags were good. Guides were outstanding. The entire staff was always pleasant, willing to help with a smile on their face. The pickup and drop vehicles were well driven. Thank you for truly wonderful and safe trip.
-- Nimisha Shah, Trekker from Mumbai
Travelling to ladakh with an agenda in hand was very helpful withÂ BurnÂ Boundaries. The way BB team had organised the whole trip is worth appreciating. Every individual was personally attended to with a complete brief of the itinerary, weather conditions, time of travel, distance to destination, terrain conditions(road travel) ahead of the journey. This pre planning allowed me to concentrate on enjoying my trip rather than focusing on where to stay and how to get there. There were no problems even after a lot of people fell ill. Everything was organized as expected. Efforts were taken by the organizers to make sure everyone were comfortable during the journey !
BB Teams passion is travelling to unexplored locations and that made our trip extremely worthwhile !
-- Vandana & Sulil, Travellers from Chennai
Walk the talk is what clearly got into my senses with burn boundaries. The recent trek of Lamayuru was so well organised in the tough conditions and with each crew member full of compassion made this trek engraved in my and my daughter’s memory forever. I will do injustice if Â I do not mention the care and empathy shown by Burn Boundaries, before , during and after the trek.
-- Trekker - Alok Malaviya with daughter Radhika, Bhopal
As a foreigner, I found myself quite comfortable with Burn Boundaries leading. They are flexible, friendly and professional so that I rather think I was with a trustable friend rather than a trekking firm.
I would definitely recommend my friends and whoever from Thailand consider Burn Boundaries as one of their choices.
-- Songphon K, Trekker, Thailand
Interesting part of riding with Burn Boundaries is the research, planning & execution. There is always a plan B. I felt at home from the day 1 & the team was like a family.
-- Amol Raina, Rider from Mumbai
I enjoy traveling with Burn Boundaries mainly because of the organizers, The team members who make it more and more interesting for every trip, be it a small trek or Himalayas! I love the flexibility we get during the trips to stop and enjoy the nature.
-- Manjula BK, Traveller, Bangalore